Top 10 Live Band Karaoke Songs
We see a lot of top 10 lists out there these days. Things like – top 10 worst karaoke songs, top 10 ways to get fired, and top 7 Tips for Rocking the Stage with a Live Band. We’ve been playing San Diego’s best live band karaoke show since 2006, so we thought we’d create our own top 10 list of tunes that get chosen most frequently. Our list is far from scientific; just a record of the most popular songs chosen at our weekly live shows and private event gigs. Behold, the top 10 most popular live band karaoke songs:
10. Plush – Stone Temple Pilots: Early 90’s grunge wasn’t limited to Seattle. In fact, many people don’t know that STP built a following right here in San Diego (at least according to the stoners who wrote the STP entry in Wikipedia). We hear a lot of great Scott Weiland impressions at Rock Out Karaoke, so this one kicks off our list.
9. Santeria – Sublime: Another Southern California favorite, you simply can’t go wrong with a little Sublime karaoke. Santeria gets the entire crowd singing along with you.
8. You Oughta Know – Alanis Morissette: Nothing says, “I love the 90’s” more than AM’s first single from the 1995 album “Jagged Little Pill.” That’s right, sister. Just let it out. Once upon a time even former American Idol judge Kara Dioguardi rocked this song with us at a private event.
7. Wanted Dead or Alive – Bon Jovi: Rock Out Karaoke fans love this 1987 Bon Jovi/Sambora-written tune that starts with the windy acoustic intro, crescendos into a face-melting guitar solo, and ends back on the signature riff. Anyone with the moxie to tackle this one is frequently rewarded with lots of praise from the crowd.
6. Use Somebody – Kings of Leon: Not all of the most popular tunes are “oldies.” This 2009 smash hit from Tennessee family band Kings of Leon has gotten lots of radio play and gets lots of love from those who take the stage with us.
5. Before He Cheats – Carrie Underwood: American Idol’s fourth season winner, Carrie Underwood, found a hit with this tune about smashing headlights and slashing tires. Guys, watch out for the girl who sings this one…
4. Rebel Yell – Billy Idol: This 80’s classic by sneering, spike-haired rocker Billy Idol is what Rock Out Karaoke is all about. Raw, real, intense rock and roll, led by an energetic frontman from the audience.
3. Hit Me With Your Best Shot – Pat Benatar: like Billy Idol, this one is a staple of our song list and gets lots of love by fans young and old.
2. Sweet Child O Mine – Guns N Roses: Another great rock anthem that lets our karaoke singers really unleash their inner rock star. This tune has been on the ROK song list since day 1, and it’s no wonder why people choose to belt it out week after week.
1. Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey: There are two types of people in this world. Those who love Journey and those who are liars. This crowd favorite is guaranteed to get the entire bar singing along with you. We’ve seen many a bachelorette/birthday groups rock this one and capture the attention of everyone within earshot.
So there you have it, sports fans. The top 10 most-chosen tunes at Rock Out Karaoke. We certainly hope to see you on stage with us soon, rocking one of these songs or one of the other 190-some-odd (and counting) songs on the list.
Honorable mention goes to the following great songs as well: Folsom Prison Blues – Johnny Cash; Alive – Pearl Jam; Love Shack – the B52s; and Possum Kingdom – the Toadies.
3 thoughts on “Top 10 Karaoke Songs”
I would LOVE IT if you added Duffy’s “Beggin you for mercy” !
Hmmm – great suggestion! We’ll talk it over!
Comments are closed.