Perfectly timed with the start of Season 10 on American Idol, we’re bringing back PB Idol for the spring! The contest will happen during our regular Thursday night gigs at the 710 Beach Club in Pacific Beach starting on February 3rd. The winner will be crowned during the PB Idol Finals night at 710 Beach Club on April 2. See our show calendar and details below. Start warming up those voices!
Here’s a quick rundown of how it will work:
- PB Idol begins Feb 3, and runs 8 weeks (ending March 24). Six contestants per night, two per set, one winner each night. Finals will be held on Saturday April 2.
- ROK will take sign-ups for the preliminary rounds here: http://goo.gl/qzHKc (feel free to share the link with others). Contestants will sign up for a first and second choice date, but not a specific time slot (you will be able to select a time slot and tune the night of your preliminary— first come, first served). We anticipate all spots will fill up fast, so sign up now to get the date you want.
- Contestants will be judged in 3 categories:
- Musical ability – can you sing?
- Stage presence (see Kristen demonstrate near-perfect stage presence here) – don’t just stand there!
- Crowd noise – via decibel reader (bringing friends/fans to be loud will help your chances of advancing)
- Prizes: Cash money prizes will be awarded!
- Contestants may compete in only one preliminary round.
- If you sign up for a time slot and don’t show, you won’t be able to sign up a second time.
- No-show time slots will be filled by others who are present that night (first come/first served)
So who’s ready to show us what you got???
Rock Out Karaoke is San Diego’s most dynamic live music performance group, combining the raw power of a live rock band with the fun of audience participation, where individual singers take center stage with the live band! Complete with lyrics displayed on a monitor in real-time with the music, nothing is missing from this unique karaoke show!
4 thoughts on “PB Idol is Back!”
Hey guys! Had so much fun last night and am looking forward to the finals on April 2nd!! Are the options for songs the same? And what if I pick a song that someone else already chose? Regardless, I can’t wait. See you then! -Katrina
Thanks, Katrina! We’re glad you had a great time. We’ll be in touch with more info on the finals night soon. For now, mark April 2nd on your calendar as ‘busy.’ Since crowd noise is one factor in the judging, you’ll want to bring your friends as well.
Comments are closed.